Shareholders choose, either, Tuesday or Thursday Evening From 4-7:00 pm at the farm to pick up their weekly share. New Shareholders at first distribution will receive a reusable “share” bag to use each week. We use a mix and match system with guidelines. Some items may have set limits due to short supply.
We encourage you to bring your children to the farm. They can visit with our resident pygmy goats: Vinca & Violet. We lost our wonderful Spike in March of 2014. We also have about 25 free range banty chickens on the farm. They will also get to enjoy the adventures of our little banty chicken ” Lucky” her escapades on the farm are highlighted in the weekly newsletter and from time to time on our Facebook page.
(For the safety of our farm animal residents and your beloved pets, we ask that you do not bring your pets to the farm).
Benefits of being a Shareholder
- Weekly pick up of fresh locally grown produce
- Weekly newsletter filled with info about what’s happening on the farm, as well as recipes, storage & handling tips, including freezing & preserving tips
- Access to our website where you will be able to view weekly (or so) video of what’s been happening on the farm, tips on cooking, freezing & preserving your “share”
- Video visits and interviews with our partner farmers and gourmet food producers
- Farm events and potluck gatherings, and our harvest feast
- Connection to land & community; celebrate friendship, food and culinary creativity!
- Since 2012 We participate in Wholeshare.com. This is a wonderful way to order direct from local farmers around the state at wholesale bulk pricing!! Go to www.wholeshare.com/join/1185 to sign up! Best of all you can be a member of wholeshare even if you are not a CSA member.
|Tomatoes; 27 heirloom varieties Beans, Green & Yellow||LettuceBeets, golden & red||Cucumbers Brussels Sprouts||Kohlrabi carrots|
|Summer Squash Cauliflower||Basilcelery||Parsley, curly & flat and root parsley||pac choi
garlic; garlic scapes
|Butternut Squash salad greens||Acorn Squash leeks||Broccoli melons||onions|
|Eggplant okra||Fingerling Potatoes pumpkins||Peppers heirloom summer squash||Cabbage; strawberries; concord grapes|
|Pea Shoots; snap & snow peas||Radishes potted herbs||Green Onions mums||Spinach Swiss Chard ground cherries|
What is a CSA?
CSA is a locally based food distribution system that creates a direct link between farmers & consumers.
Members pre-purchase a “share or subscription” in the farm’s harvest in the spring when expenses are highest for the farmer.
In exchange, CSA members receive a weekly bag of freshly picked produce as it becomes available throughout the season.
This partnership helps ensure a more secure market for small family farms struggling to compete with larger, less sustainable farms, as well as ensures members consistent access to healthier, safer and tastier food.
Why join a CSA?
Taste – we select our vegetable varieties for excellent taste and quality, not for yield, we prefer many heirloom varieties, but we have found many delicious hybrid varieties as well. We do not use GMO’s (genetically modified organisms)
Freshness – your veggies are picked within 24 hours of pick-up
Health – our veggies are grown without pesticides in a hydroponic system without soil, resulting in highly nutritious food
Local Agriculture – your CSA dollars go directly towards supporting and sustaining a small local family farm – a valuable community resource! Get to know the farm and the farmers. See where and how your food is grown on the Farm.